Signs of iodine deficiency
- No secretion of gastric juice.
- Swelling of the mucous membrane, dry mouth.
- Skin problems (dry skin).
- Pain in the muscles and fatigue.
- Delayed development in children.
Why has deterioration in the absorption of iodine in the body?
- Reducing the consumption of products containing organic iodine (freshly caught sea fish, vegetables, marine products).
- High content of some chemicals that reduce the absorption of iodine (eg bromine, which is a compound plastic dish and with long storage of foodstuffs allocates a large number of it).
Recommended dosage of iodine per day
- Children 0-6 months - 100 mcg.
- Children 7-12 months - 130 mcg.
- Children 1-8 years - 90 mcg.
- Adolescents 9-13 years old - 120 mcg.
- Adults - 150 mcg.
- Pregnant women - 220 mcg.
- The lactation period is 290 mcg.
Foods that are rich in iodine
- Seaweed - 2.98-19 mcg.
- Cod fish - 99 mcg / 85 g.
- Homemade yogurt - 75 mcg / 277 g.
- Egg - 24 mcg (in one large egg).
- Tuna is 17 mcg / 85 g.
- Beans - 16 mkg / 227 g.
Almost 99% of Ukraine's population have a certain degree of iodine deficiency. For the full prevention of iodine deficiency, the most successful and safe is the use of the drug BLUE IODINE, the uniqueness of which is that it is absorbed through the mucous membrane of the oral cavity.
2 drops (0.12 ml) of blue iodine contain 133 mkg of iodine, which is 89% of the daily norm.
An easy test for testing iodine deficiency is applying 2-3 drops of blue iodine to the skin of the palm, rubbing 3-5 times the palms of each other. Iodine is absorbed through the surface of the hands and sweat glands and the blue color disappears. In this simple way, you can check the condition of iodine deficiency in the body and correct it.